“The mind is a wonderful thing. It starts working the minute you are born and never stops until you stand up to speak.”
What’s this Guide all About:
This program is designed to cover all the aspects of starting a speaking career. It provides an informative and insightful look into the professional speaking industry as well as all the information one would need to take the plunge and start speaking as a paid professional. It is your resource guide for what it looks like, what it takes, and how to get paid for speaking to the public.
This resource further contributes to and helps build and strengthen the speaking industry. By supporting, equipping and empowering individuals to make informed decisions for getting in the business, starting off right, being professional, authentic and building a rewarding career in this industry.
Paul Karasik (Seminar leader, founder of American Seminar Leaders Association) says “unlike many other professions there is no career track in the seminar business. Major universities do not yet offer programs in seminar leading.”
The goals of the Professional Speakers Guide program are to:
- Definition of a professional speaker.
- To guide an individual to becoming a paid professional speaker with the best possible understanding and direction a single program can deliver.
- Give a person considering this career an indepth look at what it would take mentally, emotionally and financially to build this kind of career.
- Answer all the basic questions someone might have regarding a being paid to speak or developing a speaking career.
- Instill values, integrity and originality in those considering this career or business.
- Equip, empower and educate potential professional speakers.
- Provide incredible resources throughout program for beginner through to pros, trainers, authors and want-a-be’s.
- Produce some of the nations finest new speakers.
The goals of this project are to:
- Document the path that individuals took in getting their speaking career going. The ups and downs, what worked well and what they would do different. (Their story and experience.)
- Add new research to bring fresh new material, statistics and facts to the speakers.
- Bring together all of the information, ideas, resources to creating the most incredible public speaking career development program available.
- Draw from real life experiences of professional speakers. The ups and downs, the do’s and don’ts to build a real life up to date program.
Furthering the vision:
- Produce a book/program that can develop profits from its sales or sale of itself to an organization like CAPS or NSA, or perhaps universities or corporations.
- Produce a book, program that provides additional training, teaching material that co-authors can use as keynote speeches, workshops or a print and electronic download pdf. to sell and market anyway they can benefit.
- Produce a potential business opportunity for the co-authors that include points 5 & 6.