- Indicates a must read book for those considering the professional speaking circuit.
Indicates an excellent general book on public speaking skills.
Indicates a resource for the seminar business.
Indicates a good resource for authors and key note speakers.
Recommended personal development books, tapes or videos.
- Secrets of Superstar Speakers by Lilly Walters. Copyright 2000
Wisdom from the Greatest Motivators of our Time.
Speak and Grow Rich by Dottie & Lilly Walters, Copyright 1997
Another powerful book by the Walters for those aspiring to become a professional speaker. Definitely a must read. Better yet buy it and apply what you learn.
- How to be a Great Communicator, in Person, on Paper and on the Podium by Nido R. Qubein.
The Complete System for Communicating Effectively in Business and in Life. Copyright 1997
Simply Speaking by Peggy Noonan. Copyright 1991
How to Communicate your Ideas with Style, Substance, and Clarity.
- Success Secrets of the Motivational Superstars by Michael Jeffreys Copyright 1996
“Lets you in on the real secrets of the superstars of the speaking world. Use it as your road map to speaking and leadership greatness!”
This is a great book to better understand how the pro’s think. The best would be to interview as many as you could yourself but Jeffreys does a good job interviewing 15 of the top speakers. What I like best is how he summed up the secrets of each of the speakers at the end of each chapter. Excellent for a quick review to inspire, motivate and educate. If your serious on being a pro and like to model the best then this book is another must read.
- Secrets of Successful Speakers by Lilly Walters Copyright 1993
How You Can Motivate, Captivate & Persuade
- How to Make it Big in the Seminar Business by Paul Karasik Copyright 1992
Create, Market & Deliver Your Own Seminar.
101 Simple Things to Grow Your Business & Yourself by Dottie & Lilly Walters
Money Talks by Alan Weiss
Speak for Millions by Fred Gleeck
- Seminars to Build your Business by Barbara Siskind. Copyright 1998
A very affordable book from Self Counsel Press Business Series that provides valuable insight into the seminar and using it to build your business.